You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.
You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.
My name is Mariusz Marczak and I hold a PhD in Linguistics. Since 1997 I have been working as a foreign language teacher educator at post-secondary-school level. In that role I have run a large number of teacher training workshops, including INSETT events, and acted as an education/CALL consultant for the British Council, Poland as well as a foreign language teaching researcher for the Institute of Educational Research in Warsaw. I am also a textbook appraisal expert for the Polish Ministry of Education. Most recently, I have been involved in translator education.
I am a member of four professional organisations: the Consortium for Translation Education Research (CTER), Tertium - the Cracow Society for the Promotion of Language Studies, the Modern Language Association of Poland and the Polish Association of Applied Linguistics and a reviewer for three international academic journals: Teaching English with Technology (IATEFL PL), English Language Teaching (Toronto, Canada) and the Journal of Education (Tbilisi, Georgia).
I systematically deliver papers at national/international conferences as well as publish articles and other academic publications. My research interests cover: Computer aided translator education, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and developing intercultural competence.
- Paczuska, K., Gajewska-Dyszkiewicz, A., Marczak, M., Pitura, J., Muszyński, M., & Szpotowicz, M. (2016). Osiągnięcia gimnazjalistów w zakresie języka angielskiego. Podstawa programowa wciąż niezrealizowana...
- Marczak, M., Krajka, J. & Malec, W. (2016) Web-Based Assessment and Language Teachers From Moodle to WebClass...
- Marczak, M., Krajka, J. (2016) Assessing Intercultural Communicative Competence in Learning Management Systems...
- Marczak, M., Krajka, J. (eds.) (2016). CALL for Openness. Warszawa: Peter Lang.
- Marczak, M. (2016). Students' perspective on Web 2.0-enhanced telecollaboration as added value in translator education...
- Marczak, M. (2017). The Comprehension Approach. In TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching