You have declined cookies. This decision can be reversed.
You have allowed cookies to be placed on your computer. This decision can be reversed.
My name is Mariusz Marczak and I hold a PhD in Linguistics. Since 1997 I have been working as a foreign language teacher educator at post-secondary-school level. In that role I have run a large number of teacher training workshops, including INSETT events, and acted as an education/CALL consultant for the British Council Poland. In the years 2014-2015 I was an EFL researcher for the Institute of Educational Research in Warsaw. Currently I am involved in translator education, I am a textbook appraisal expert for the Polish Ministry of Education as well as Editor-in-Chief of the.
I am a member of four professional organisations: the Consortium for Translation Education Research (CTER), Tertium - the Cracow Society for the Promotion of Language Studies, the Modern Language Association of Poland and the Polish Association of Applied Linguistics, and a reviewer for four international academic journals: Teaching English with Technology (IATEFL PL), English Language Teaching (Toronto, Canada), International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Language Learning (Olney, Bucks, UK) and the Journal of Education (Tbilisi, Georgia).
I systematically deliver papers at national/international conferences as well as publish articles and other academic publications. My research interests cover: Computer aided translator education, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and developing intercultural competence.
- Marczak, M. (2016). Podejście międzykulturowe a rozwijanie kompetencji translatorskiej. Lingwistyka Stosowana
- Marczak, M., Krajka, J. (2016). Translator Education in the Cloud: Students' Perceptions of Telecollaborative Experiences
- Marczak, M., Krajka, J. (eds.) (2016). CALL for Openness. Warszawa: Peter Lang.
- Marczak, M. (2016). Students' perspective on Web 2.0-enhanced telecollaboration...
- Marczak, M. (2017). The Comprehension Approach. In TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching.